Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Stuff I Have Learned Today

When someone at work says have it done by Thursday they really mean that it needs to be done by Monday.

Never suggest brown tassely shoes to someone with small feet.

If you cook the popcorn for 2:20 it will be burnt in the middle.

If you don't wear socks with your tennis shoes then by 4:00 your feet will be squishy.

Beef stick and croutons make a crappy snack.

If there is no heat on in the storage unit then there is a good chance you are going to freeze if you go down there at lunch to take a nap.

Never say you will work your second job two days straight because by the second day you will be grumpy tired.

Ok, I think that is pretty much all I learned today. I'm sure the Bookstore will have some other wonderful life lessons for me when I get there. I did have to laugh the other day. I was in the travel section which is by the bathroom and overheard a dad and son having one of THOSE conversations.

D - Did you wipe your butt

S - I think so, I don't remember (how does one not remember if they wiped or not)

D - Well did you go poop?

S - Yeah, I just don't remember if I wiped or not

D - Come here so I can smell you (this is where I peeped around the corner to see what was going on and the dad was just kind of sniffing the air around the kid)

D - Well you don't smell at least...did you remember to wash your hands?

The kid walked off in a stomp. I'm not sure if that was a yes or a no but I made sure to kind of watch the area and not touch anything that he did just in case.

One thing is for sure, I have a feeling that for the rest of my life, I will always remember to wipe my butt AND to wash my hands after I poop, thanks to that dad!

No comments: